With winter almost upon us, it’s time for homeowners all across Richmond and throughout the Lower Mainland to make sure that their furnace is ready for the colder weather. There really is nothing worse than feeling cold and uncomfortable inside your own home. Keep reading to find out more about furnace inspections and why you should have one.
What exactly is a furnace inspection?
A furnace inspection is a full heating system checkup by a qualified plumber in the Lower Mainland. They’ll check to make sure that everything is working properly and that there are no signs of wear or damage. Here’s a list of some of the things they’ll look at:
- Vent system—Inspect for dirt, debris, blockage and leaks.
- Burner—Will get a good cleaning.
- Seals—Check to ensure all seals are tight with no signs of leakage or corrosion.
- Intake grills—Check for dirt, debris and small critters that might be nesting in there.
- Exchangers—Heat exchangers need to be examined for signs of rust or corrosion.
- Drains—The tech will clean out the drains and check for indications of blockage or leaks.
- Wiring—The whole electrical system needs to be inspected for signs of damage.
- Filters—The plumber will have a look to see if they need to be changed.
How do I know if I need a furnace inspection?
Having your furnace inspected by an experienced plumbing and heating specialist in Richmond should be part of your annual home maintenance routine. If you haven’t had your heating system inspected for awhile, here are some signs that you might be overdue:
- Weird smells and/or sounds coming from the furnace.
- Air quality isn’t so good. If even the dog is sneezing more than usual, it’s time for an inspection.
- Uneven heating throughout the house. The living room is hot but the bathroom is freezing.
- Thermostat is way out of whack. It says 28 degrees, but it feels more like 18.
- Your bills are increasing. Cost increases can point to trouble with the heating system.
- It’s cold! A Richmond plumber can get to the root of the problem.
- It’s old! If it’s more than about 10 years old, annual inspections can help you avoid complete system failure.
Who should I call for heating repairs in Richmond?
If you want an experienced plumber that you can trust, call Hillcrest Plumbing & Heating, serving Richmond and the Lower Mainland. Contact us today and have one of our skilled plumbers inspect your heating system and make sure that it is ready for the winter. With more than 50 years in the business, we can handle all of your service, maintenance and installation needs. It’s like they always say, “If Hillcrest can’t help you, no one can! “