Did you know you can get $500 back when you buy a new furnace?
It’s true! With the BC Furnace Grant you can pre-qualify for a $500 rebate towards a new furnace or boiler. But you have to act fast: the deadline to pre-qualify is December 31, 2017. Keep reading to learn how having a plumber in Richmond upgrade your home heating system can help you save.
How does it work?
When you replace your old furnace with a model that is 95% more energy efficient, or you replace an old boiler with a model that is 94% more energy efficient, you could receive a $500 rebate. But in order to receive the rebate you have to pre-qualify by December 31, 2017.
How do I know if I’m eligible for the rebate?
There are a number of qualifiers that need to be met before you’ll be eligible to apply for the rebate. They are listed below in no particular order:
- You must have applied for your pre-qualification code before December 31, 2017.
- The furnace or boiler that you’d like to replace needs to be at least 10 years old and still functioning.
- The furnace or boiler that you’d like to replace must not need more than $1,000 worth of repairs.
- You have a period of six months to install your new replacement furnace or boiler—either six months prior or six months after—once you receive the pre-qualifying code.
- The new replacement furnace or boiler that you purchase and install must be an eligible Energy Star unit with a direct vent system with two pipes. You’ll be required to submit photographs of the unit with your rebate application.
- You have to be a current natural gas customer at FortisBC.
For complete program rules and details, visit the terms and conditions page of the Fortis BC website.
The benefits of installing a new heating system
There are a number of benefits to upgrading the plumbing and heating systems inside of your Vancouver home. Not only will you experience more consistent and reliable heat delivery during the winter months, but you’ll also enjoy monthly savings on your energy bills when you have a newer and more energy efficient model of furnace or boiler.
For more information about how to apply for the energy rebate, or to learn more about the latest models of heaters and boilers, visit Hillcrest Plumbing and Heating. Since 1956, we’ve been providing fast, friendly and professional plumbing and heating services to customers throughout Vancouver and the entire Lower Mainland. Contact us today to learn more about the services we offer or to schedule an appointment.